When should other services be cancelled

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
tez1

When should other services be cancelled

Post by tez1 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:21 am

Hi there

I just have had the NBN activated and all seem to be working fine. My landline number has not yet been ported and ADSL service is still active.
Should I request for the ADSL service to be cancelled, or do I need to wait for my landline number to be ported over to the VOIP service?

Thanks

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: When should other services be cancelled

Post by KavindaS » Fri May 03, 2019 11:37 am

tez1 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:21 am
Hi there

I just have had the NBN activated and all seem to be working fine. My landline number has not yet been ported and ADSL service is still active.
Should I request for the ADSL service to be cancelled, or do I need to wait for my landline number to be ported over to the VOIP service?

Thanks
Usually the previous records for the telephone services,needs to keep active to complete the process of PSTN to VOIP. Once it has been completed, ADSL/PSTN records will be inactive from the system.

tez1

Post by tez1 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:37 am

Usually the previous records for the telephone services,needs to keep active to complete the process of PSTN to VOIP. Once it has been completed, ADSL/PSTN records will be inactive from the system.
Hi Kavinda,

Just wondering, do I need to pay for both a unsued ADSL service as well as my NBN service too?
I received a invoice for my NBN service on 4/5/19 and then today received a invoice for my old ADSL service.

NBN service was activated on 2/5/19

Account - 401342

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm

tez1 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 pm
KavindaS wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 11:37 am

Hi Kavinda,

Just wondering, do I need to pay for both a unsued ADSL service as well as my NBN service too?
I received a invoice for my NBN service on 4/5/19 and then today received a invoice for my old ADSL service.

NBN service was activated on 2/5/19

Account - 401342
You will be credited for the ADSL service. I have further checked this with the provisioning team today, and there appears to be some issue identified with the activation process. You will be emailed by them in detail via the ticket reference 15016530 and reply to them through the same email thread.

tez1

Post by tez1 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:36 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:40 pm

You will be credited for the ADSL service. I have further checked this with the provisioning team today, and there appears to be some issue identified with the activation process. You will be emailed by them in detail via the ticket reference 15016530 and reply to them through the same email thread.
Thanks Kavinda, I'll wait for the email.

tez1

Post by tez1 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:28 pm

Hey Kavinda

Just received a call regarding my number port (from Exetel ADSL) to VOIP.
Somewhere along the line, the wrong number was put in to port, no issues there and may take 10-15 business days again for the port. Im not too concerned with that as I don't rely on the landline number.

I did question the ADSL credit from activation until the number was ported and she told me that there would be no credit, but I have been told otherwise. Are you able to confirm?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu May 16, 2019 7:44 pm

tez1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:28 pm
Hey Kavinda
Just received a call regarding my number port (from Exetel ADSL) to VOIP.
Somewhere along the line, the wrong number was put in to port, no issues there and may take 10-15 business days again for the port. Im not too concerned with that as I don't rely on the landline number.
I have checked this yesterday and came to know, what happened with the incorrect number submission. It will be corrected as you have been informed by them.
tez1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:28 pm
I did question the ADSL credit from activation until the number was ported and she told me that there would be no credit, but I have been told otherwise. Are you able to confirm?
You have my word on this. Once the process has been completed, from the Fibre activation date until the VOIP completed date, you will have a credit on your ADSL+PSTN rentals. I have questioned this from the person who called you, and she confirmed me the same, and it is what she has informed to you.

tez1

Post by tez1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 am

Hi Kavinda

My number has now been ported from PSTN to VOIP. Can the service be changed to PAYG as it appears I am being charged $10 for the voip service.
Will the ADSL and PSTN service be automatically credited, and are you able to arrange a credit for the ADSL charges from the NBN activation date?

The case for provisioning the voip is #15016530

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:29 am

tez1 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:45 am
Hi Kavinda

My number has now been ported from PSTN to VOIP. Can the service be changed to PAYG as it appears I am being charged $10 for the voip service.
Will the ADSL and PSTN service be automatically credited, and are you able to arrange a credit for the ADSL charges from the NBN activation date?

The case for provisioning the voip is #15016530

Thank you for the confirmation given on porting completion. As you said, VOIP records has been added with active status now. I have clearly requested the relevant agent to arrange the qualified credits on this. Once it has been arranged, you will be informed by our Billing department via the same ticket reference 15016530.